The Conference Center at Guilford Technical Community College
Colfax, North Carolina
Ann Marie Buerkle, acting chair of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), is the keynote presenter for AHFA’s 2017 Regulatory Summit.
She will be joined on the October 25 program by CPSC Commissioner Joseph Mohorovic. Both Buerkle and Mohorovic have been at the forefront of product safety issues important to the home furnishings industry.
AHFA’s Regulatory Summit is a one-day conference exploring the issues, policies and emerging challenges surrounding regulatory implementation and compliance. The 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. program will be held at The Conference Center on the Cameron Campus of Guilford Technical Community College, in the facility’s state-of-the-art, 250-seat auditorium. The Conference Center is conveniently located on Highway 68 just 6.7 miles from Piedmont Triad International Airport and minutes off Interstate 40.
In addition to the CPSC Commissioners, confirmed presenters for the 2017 Summit include:
• Chris Andreson, Vice President, Grayling
• Allyson Azar, Manager, State Affairs & Political Mobilization, American Chemistry Council
• Mark Fellin, Worldwide Regulatory Intelligence Manager, Amazon
• William Guerry, Partner, Kelley Drye, Washington, D.C.
• Amy Lally, Partner, Sidley LLP, Los Angeles
• Michael Sullivan, Managing Partner, Womble Carlyle, Atlanta
• Christine Zanella, Compliance Manager-Legal Department, Wayfair
Program topics include:
• Compliance and Risk Management
• The Trump Administration’s Impact on EPA Regulation
• Prop 65’s New Furniture Safe Harbor
• The Unpredictable Landscape of State Regulation
• What Is Tolerable Product Risk?
• CPSC Updates
Registration is $99 for AHFA Members
$299 for Non-Members
Embassy Suites by Hilton
204 Centreport Drive
Greensboro, NC 27409
For sponsorship opportunities, contact Mary O’Keeffe at (336) 881-1010 or firstname.lastname@example.org