AHFA includes several affiliate organizations, including:
• The International Casual Furnishings Association
• Solution Partners
• Specialized Furniture Carriers
AHFA currently collects two types of information from its website: (1) a User Name and Password for employees of member companies to obtain access to the Members Only section of the AHFA website; and (2) information voluntarily submitted on membership applications, order forms, meeting registration forms, survey response forms, membership directory update forms, and e-mails sent to the Website Administrator.
(1) Your User Name and Password do not identify you individually, but rather serve as a name by which you obtain access to the AHFA website. AHFA does not use User Names and Passwords to personally identify users or individual activity on the website. We use analytics to determine which areas of our site visitors like based on the volume of traffic and to better prepare future site content based on the interests of our members. We do not track the usage patterns of individual users, except when they click through to website content from e-mails that we send out.
(2) Information voluntarily disclosed to AHFA either online or in writing through membership applications, order forms, meeting registration forms, survey response forms, membership directory update forms, or emails sent to the Website Administrator is collected, used and stored by AHFA for the purpose of providing its members the services they request. This includes emails related to the user’s expressed interests and preferences.
AHFA maintains this data as long as a company remains a member of AHFA. Should company membership lapse, AHFA will archive a company’s information for statistical and/or historical research purposes.
How We Work With Third Parties
On occasion, AHFA contracts with third parties for marketing or other activities related to the AHFA’s goals and objectives. We allow these third parties to use selected member information under specific confidentiality agreements. An example is the Annual Membership Directory and Online Resource Guide produced by Naylor Association Solutions for the AHFA membership.
Information provided to AHFA in non-electronic form may also be used in this way. Individuals who would like to “opt out” of the Membership Directory or the Online Resource Guide should contact AHFA’s Website Administrator to have their names removed from these lists.
We have in place contracts to ensure the information remains secure and limited in use, and if we do not have a legitimate business reason to pass on your information, we will ask you to give consent first.
Keeping Your Information Safe
We take information security seriously and have commercially reasonable policies and procedures in place to ensure the information we hold on you remains safe. We limit who has access to your information and ensure that those who do are bound by contracts to keep your information availability restricted and safe. Nevertheless, no data transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is fully secure. Despite our efforts to protect your data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, the AHFA cannot guarantee or warrant the security of the personal data you transmit to us.
Payment & Payment Processing
All credit card payments to AHFA are processed by a third-party payment processor that is vetted by AHFA. The third-party processor uses a secure server that uses commercially reasonable standards to encrypt all information provided to it.
User ID and Password
Certain areas of AHFA’s website require user ID, email address or password as an additional security measure that helps protect your data, so AHFA encourages you to use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after use.
The AHFA website includes links to many other websites within its Resources, and AHFA is not responsible for the privacy practices of these sites. To ensure your privacy is protected, we recommend that you review the privacy statements of these other linked sites, applications or other digital platforms.
Your Rights and Preferences Under This Policy
A new European Union law, called the General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR, gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Accordingly, AHFA has implemented additional transparency and access controls to help users take advantage of those rights. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to individuals are:
• Right of access – the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you;
• Right of rectification – the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
• Right of erasure – the right to request that we delete your personal data;
• Right to restrict – the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
• Right to object – the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
• Right to data portability – the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service;
• Right not to be subjected to automated decision-making – the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision-making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you.
Since AHFA is a membership-based organization that uses member data to provide specific services, withdrawing or limiting the use of your data may inhibit your user experience and/or AHFA’s ability to provide information services to the member company.
If you have questions about this policy or about your personal information, please email the Website Administrator (email@example.com) or send correspondence to this address:
American Home Furnishings Alliance
Attn: Brenda Grubb
1912 Eastchester Drive
High Point, NC 27265
In the event we determine the occurrence of a data security incident, we will notify you by email, US mail, telephone or other means as permitted by law.
Changes to This Policy
AHFA may occasionally make changes to this policy. When we make material changes to this policy, we will provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances (for example, by email or by display on the AHFA website.) Please make sure you read any such notice carefully.