A variety of newsletters and resources provide executives within AHFA member companies with the information they need, when they need it. Among these resources are:
- Furniture Executive, a monthly association newsletter detailing upcoming events and programs.
- Member Bulletins, as-needed email communications that keepexecutives up-to-date on key regulatory issues and AHFA’s advocacy efforts.
- Partners on Demand, an online newsletter updated quarterly with new product and service information from AHFA Supplier Division members.
- Online newsletters focusing on current HR issues and employee benefits.
- An Environmental Guide with detailed information on environmental regulations and legislation pertaining to the furniture and cabinet manufacturing industries.
- An extensive online directory of product and technical standards pertaining to home furnishings products.
- A comprehensive online presence, including this website, a Facebook page and Linked In community.
AHFA’s environmental programs help home furnishings companies implement sustainable business practices that lead to greater efficiency and bottom line savings while contributing to global sustainability.
EFEC is an industry-specific environmental management program installed at more than 100 factories, warehouses, distribution centers and corporate office buildings in the U.S. and Mexico. It guides facilities through a comprehensive review that leads to improved management of resources and raw materials; reduced energy and water consumption; reduced waste; and increased recycling.
Once a company has implemented EFEC at all facilities, it is eligible to enter the Sustainable by Design program, which takes EFEC’s culture of environmental stewardship and extends it throughout a company’s global supply chain. The program establishes internal standards and practices that facilitate compliance with federal regulations such as the Lacey Act, and requires participants to develop a comprehensive social responsibility program.
Finally, AHFA has developed a standardized program for communicating a product’s safety, health and environmental attributes to consumers through the Eco3Home initiative. Home furnishings products obtaining Eco3Home registration may carry a hangtag that directs consumers to the Eco3Home website, where they can find a detailed description of the product and its environmental footprint.
The member portal to EFEC, Sustainable by Design and Eco3Home are conveniently located on the AHFA.us home page under the Sustainability link.